At the Spay & Neuter Clinic we offer much more than our name implies, including vaccinations, de-worming and flea control. The clinic is open Monday through Friday from 9am to 2pm.
Spay & Neuter Fee Schedule
Surgeries are by appointment. There is no extra charge for animals pregnant or in heat. Financial assistance is available. All fees are subject to change without notice.
Spay & Neuter Surgeries
Procedures for healthy cats and dogs are available by appointment Monday through Friday and are performed by fully licensed and experienced veterinarians. At the time of the spay/neuter procedure, low cost vaccinations, deworming and microchipping can be administered for an additional fee.
Mercy Crusade does not perform spay/neuter procedures on the following animals:
- Animals who are in poor health
- Animals over 7 years of age
- Animals who are obese or emaciated
- English Bulldogs
- Female dogs weighing more than 80 pounds
- Male dogs weighing more than 100 pounds
- Male dogs with both testicles that have not come down. (cryptorchid). If your dog has one testicle that has not come down, we may be able to do the surgery. If such a condition exists and the dog is accepted for surgery, additional fees will apply.
The Night Before Your Scheduled Appointment
- Keep your pet inside your home.
- No food after 10:00 p.m. (including table scraps, treats, bones, etc.)
- It is okay to give them water.
The Day of Surgery
- Please give your dog a good walk prior to arrival, or make sure that your dog relieves himself/herself.
- Please allow enough time for checking in your pet. (Normally 10 to 30 minutes)
- Please let us know if your dog has exhibited any signs of illness, has had a recent decrease in appetite or is on any medication.
- All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in a carrier with your name on the carrier.
- If your pet needs a microchip, vaccinations or nail trim, we can administer them on the day of surgery at a reasonable charge.
- When you return to pick up your pet, you will be given both verbal and written instructions for post-surgery care.
- Be prepared to have your pet ride home in the car or cab of the truck with you. All animals will still be under the effects of anesthesia.
Abandoning your animal is against the law. If you do not pick up your animal or make alternate arrangements for having your animal picked up, Mercy Crusade has the right to surrender your pet to a municipal animal shelter of its choice. Once the animal has been abandoned, you relinquish all ownership rights and will be held responsible for any and all medical costs including boarding expenses. If you abandon your animal, it will be reported to the appropriate authority and you will be subjected to all laws that may apply and liable for all court costs incurred as a result of abandoning your animal.
- You must have an appointment. Please call (805) 278-4433 to schedule your pet for surgery.
- You must be on time, no later than 7:30 a.m. for check-in.
- Forms of payment: cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
- Your pet will be ready to go home on the same day, between 3:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
|Male-Neuter: $35.00||Female-Spay: $45.00|
|Drop-off time: 6am - 7:30am||Pick-up time: 3pm - 4:30pm|
|($100 charge for any animal left overnight)|
|2 to 20 lbs:||$60.00||$75.00|
|21 to 30 lbs:||$65.00||$80.00|
|31 to 40 lbs:||$70.00||$85.00|
|41 to 50 lbs:||$75.00||$90.00|
|51 to 60 lbs:||$85.00||$105.00|
|61 to 70 lbs:||$95.00||$110.00|
|71 to 80 lbs:||$105.00||$115.00|
|81 to 100 lbs:||$115.00||N/A|
Drop-off time: 6am - 7:30am
Pick-up time: 3pm - 4:30pm
($100 charge for any animal left overnight)
Low-Cost Vaccine Clinic (no appointments needed)
Monday - Friday:
9am - 2pm
9am - 4pm (closed from 12:30pm 1:30pm)
Office Exam (must have appointment)
9am to 12:30pm
1:30pm to 4:40pm
Dogs on leashes, cats in carriers -- Please!
Deworming for Kittens & Puppies
|Broad Spectrum Dewormer:
(Roundworms, Hookworms & Tapeworms)